Guys, I am obsessed with this rice and I’m pretty sure that you will be too! When I found this recipe and made it for the first time, it became a staple. It goes so well with anything! Tonight we ate it with lime shrimp and a side of steamed broccoli and lemon juice. It was so yummy!
recipe from here
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 C brown rice
- 3 Tbsp flaked coconut
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (or just over 1 1/2 C)
- 1 1/2 C water
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Heat coconut oil in a medium sized pot
- Add the brown rice and stir while cooking over medium heat for about 2 minutes
- Add coconut, coconut milk, water, honey, and salt.
- Stir and bring to a boil
- Stir, cover, and simmer for about 50 minutes
- Turn off heat and let rice sit for 5 minutes before serving
- 1 lb Shrimp (thawed)
- Juice from 2 limes
- Limes for serving
- Sautee shrimp in oil and lime juice on medium heat until pink (about 10 minutes, 5 minutes each side)
- Remove shrimp from pan and let cool
- Remove shrimp tails
- Top with more lime juice!