Chipotle is hands down one of my very favorite “fast food” restaurants to eat at. I could eat there every day and not get sick of it! I am always trying to re create them, but they just never taste as good. I finally found some new recipes to try tonight and they all turned out so good and actually tasted similar to the real Chipotle Bowls! 🙂 This will definitely be a repeat meal at our house.
Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
- 1 1/2 C brown rice
- 2 1/2 C water
- 1 Tbsp butter or evoo
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 C fresh cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spread rice out in 8×8 glass baking dish
- Once oven is preheated, bring water & butter or oil to a boil in saucepan.
- Right when it begins to boil, turn off heat and pour water over the rice
- Cover baking dish with two layers of tin foil
- Bake for 50 minutes
- Once done baking, remove tinfoil, stir rice and cover with a thin dish towel for 5 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl then pour over brown rice and stir to combine.
Copycat Chipotle Black Beans
recipe from here
- 2 cans black beans, 1 drained and rinsed and 1 undrained
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed or 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Pour beans into small saucepan
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients
- Cook over medium heat until hot
Just Like Chipotle’s Corn Salsa
recipe from here
- 1 12 oz bag of frozen sweet yellow corn, defrosted and drained
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped (1/3 C)
- 3/4 C fresh cilantro chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix!
Copycat Chipotle Chicken Recipe
recipe adapted from here
This recipe on the website looks overwhelming because there are so many options of how to marinate and cook the chicken. I will share the way that I did it, because I like simple!
- juice from 1 (7 oz) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp cumin (I didn’t include this because I was out!)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 C oil
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast (or chicken thighs!)
- Combine all ingredients, except oil, in blender and pulse until it makes a thick paste
- Add oil and blend until smooth
- Pour marinade over chicken in a gallon bag and marinade for 8 hours or overnight (I only marinated it for 3 hours because I forgot to do it earlier!)
- If using chicken thighs, best option is to grill. If using chicken breast keep reading! 🙂
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place chicken breast in 9×13 baking dish and cover with parchment paper. Tuck parchment paper under chicken.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Dice up chicken!
We also topped our bowls with homemade guacamole (avacados, lime juice and garlic salt…I told you I like simple!), greek yogurt and Valentina sauce because it the best. But mostly because we ate all the homemade pico my mom made for us the day before. Oops! Also would’ve topped with a mountain of lettuce if mine hadn’t gone bad. Oops again 🙂
These recipes made a lot! Like enough for us two to eat it for dinner for the next 3 nights! Score.