I am always asking Brig for dinner ideas that include Shrimp or Chicken because those are the meats that I always keep on hand. When he told me Shrimp Scampi would be good, I had never heard of it! HA! I decided to give it a try and see what it was all about. The recipe seemed too simple and I was worried it wouldn’t be flavorful enough. I was wrong! I made it tonight and am sold! 🙂
recipe adapted from here
- 1 lb large shrimp, cleaned and de-veined, tail-on
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp organic salted butter
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 lb spaghetti
- Heat oil & butter in skillet on medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp, white wine vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Stir until coated.
- Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn over shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes or until all shrimp are cooked on both sides.
- Turn off heat and add black pepper and parsley (I did not add because I didn’t have any).
- Stir and add lemon juice and salt.
- Serve on top of spaghetti.