Slow cooker recipes are lifesavers aren’t they?! This one tasted delicious and made enough for my husband and I for 3 meals. I love leftovers!
Coconut Chicken Curry
recipe from here
- 2 1/2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Cut Into Large Cubes
- 1 whole onion
- 2 cloves garlic or 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 whole small green bell pepper
- 1 can (156ml Can) Tomato Paste
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbps Curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp Garam Masala (Indian Spice Mix)
- 2 whole dry red chili peppers (optional For Extra Heat))
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 ½ Tbsp cornstarch
- Place cubed chicken in crockpot.
- Put onion, garlic, bell pepper, tomato paste, coconut milk, salt, curry powder, and Garam Masala in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce on chicken in crockpot and mix. Add chili peppers if using (I did not use).
- Cook for 5 hours, then mix cornstarch and water until dissolved and add to crockpot. Mix and cook for another hour.
- Serve on top of Basmati rice (or your favorite rice!)