This soup is so refreshing! It is layered with fresh pico, avocados, grilled seasoned chicken, a cilantro, onion, chicken broth with beans, topped with crushed tortilla chips and optional cheese (which I definitely included!).
Recipe from here
- 1 diced onion
- 1 Tbsp avacado, olive, or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 5 c chicken broth (I use organic chicken base from Costco and add to water)
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- juice of lime
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning (I make my own, like this one)
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- avacado (or olive or vegetable) oil
- pico de gallo (recipe here)
- 2-3 avacados
- tortilla chips
- Saute onion in 1 Tbsp oil until onions become slightly soft. Mix in cumin, cayenne, and chili powder. Saute for another minutes.
- Put seasoned onions into a medium-sized saucepan and add chicken broth, cilantro, lime juice, pepper and pinto beans. Simmer on low heat for 2-3 hours.
- When broth is almost done, combine taco seasoning ad paprika. Brush chicken with oil and rub with taco seasoning/paprika mixture.
- Grill chicken until cooked through. Remove from grill and shred or chop into small pieces.
- In individual bowls, layer chicken, pico, diced avacado and cheese. Then put in the chicken broth over the layers. Top with tortilla chips.