Whenever I’m in charge of dessert for family dinners my first thought is always to make a healthy-ish dessert so I decided to find a yummy healthier carmel corn. After I made the first batch I decided to try a few other flavors incase some people weren’t into that kinda stuff 🙂 But I can now say that everyone seemed to be a fan of even the healthy one!
Take your pick! Or even better, try them all!
Healthy Coconut Milk Carmel Corn
//recipe adapted from here//
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 c agave nectar
- 1/2 c canned light coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pop kernels in popcorn maker.
- Heat coconut oil (if solid) over stove and pour over popped popcorn.
- Pour agave nectar into a pot and bring to a boil, then let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, vanilla and salt. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let sauce cook until it thickens and gets a little darker, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Drizzle sauce over the popped popcorn and mix to distribute the sauce evenly throughout the popcorn.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour popcorn onto the pan.
- Freeze for about 10 minutes (trust me on this!)
- Remove from freezer, break into smaller pieces and try not to eat it all in one sitting!
Chewy Caramel Corn
Only thing I did differently was substituted honey for the corn syrup.
Peanut Butter Caramel Corn
Simply add some peanut butter or chocolate peanut butter to the previous recipe!